The winners of the 2017 Lighting for Tomorrow awards were announced today at the annual American Lighting Assn. (ALA) conference at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Vancouver, Canada. This year's Lighting for Tomorrow awards honored a broad range of LED and OLED products, including fixtures, retrofit kits, replacement lamps and lighting controls.
The Lighting for Tomorrow competition provides manufacturers the opportunity to push the industry forward by introducing high quality and innovative designs, contribute to the greater energy efficiency movement, and gain exposure for their brands and products among industry leaders and consumers alike. In particular, the exceptional products identified by the judging panel are heavily promoted by Lighting for Tomorrow for a full calendar year.
The following companies received awards for their exceptional products:
- Iridium pendant: Blackjack Lighting
- Dharma: Project Greener Planet
- Post: AFX, Inc.
- Zephyr LED pendant: Hubbardton Forge
- 3-Head, Motion Activated Flood Light: Good Earth Lighting
- Duo AC LED Color Option Light Bar: WAC Lighting
- Silo X20: WAC Lighting
- Oculux: WAC Lighting
- Dimmable Ultra Slim LED Undercabinet Wave with Integrated Wave Sensor: L'Image Home Products
- LED Filament Bulb T6: Bulbrite Industries
- REFINE Series PAR38: Green Creative
- LED A19: Bulbrite Industries
- LED A21 Lamp: MaxLite
- 6SL Bluetooth Speaker Light: Acuity Brands Lighting
- Decora Smart with Wi-Fi Technology Universal LED/Incandescent Dimmer: Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Aerelight A1: OTI Lumionics
- LED Grow Light: Acuity Brands Lighting
- Scene Master Chandelier: Dolan Designs Inc.
- G40 LED Vintage Filament Bulb: Globe Electric Company
- Ultra LED 3-Way A21 lamp: LEDVANCE SYLVANIA
- A19 LED Spiral Filament Bulb: Globe Electric Company
- epikos: PlanLED
- Volta ceiling fan: Emerson
Lighting for Tomorrow is organized by the ALA, the Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) and UL. The annual Lighting for Tomorrow competition was created in 2002 to recognize the best decorative, energy efficient lighting fixtures in the market. Since its inception, Lighting for Tomorrow has encouraged manufacturers to develop well designed, energy efficient lighting products with a specific goal of increasing the availability and market adoption of ENERGY STAR® certified residential lighting products.